Biomass Harvesting Equipment/Conversion Technology Review
The overall goals of the project are to reduce the net cost of reducing fire danger in forested areas of the central Sierra Nevada, California, and improve the feasibility of utilizing removed biomass for useful energy.
This page contains audio-visual material collected for specific equipment, project report, presentations, and other resources relevant to the project.
Single function machines Felling
- Continuous felling and processing (row-planted energy wood) - Video unavailable
- Steep terrain chassis
Extraction (primary transport)
- Clambunk skidder
- Yarder with grapple carriage
- Yarder with self propelled carriage
- Slash forwarder - Video unavailable
- Feller-skidder (clambunk) - Video unavailable
- Chipper Forwarder - Video unavailable